Sharing the week's bookish news and the books & bookish goodies that I've bought, borrowed, won, or been gifted and have added to my bookshelves over the past week!
(Inspired by Mailbox Monday, IMM, Clock Rewinders and the like)
Notes From Melissa:
Welcome to the first Added to the Bookshelf of 2013! I hope all of you had a safe and wonderful New Year's Eve and New Year's Day spent with family, friends, good food and hopefully a few minutes to squeeze in some reading. We had a joint New Year's Eve/Birthday Party here for myself and my husband on the 31st and completely enjoyed spending time with our families!
Our "holiday season" is not quite yet over as we are hosting a 60th Birthday party at my house today for my Mother-in-law. Then after that I finally get to breathe easy and relax a bit into the new year!
Going into this new year, I am planning to make some changes here on the blog and in my personal life to make this a happier and more stress free year.
- Accept less review books/Participate in fewer blog tours.
- Write reviews up immediately following book completion.
- Go from a 7 day a week posting schedule to 6 days starting in Feb.
- Write up all posts on Saturdays and schedule at least two weeks out.
- Try to get into the city (NYC) more for bookish events!
- Be more social! I want to get to know you guys better. (Including going to BEA)
- Read and try to implement ideas from Gretchen Rubin's Happier at Home as the year progresses. (This one straddles both blog and personal as it is a review book!)
- Start a gratitude journal and write in it every night.
- Turn off electronics (TV, Nook, iPhone) by 10:15pm and relax/read in bed to unwind
- I vow to purchase no more single serving size drinks in a plastic or disposable container and to bring a ceramic mug/reusable plastic cup on the go
- Make all new household purchases for cleaning supplies, toiletries etc. green
- Clean house one closet/drawer at a time and eliminate anything I've not used in the past year that doesn't have significant sentimental value
- Eat more veggies, drink only water/tea/coffee during the week, take my vitamins regularly
- Start exercising...even if it is just one Pilates class at the gym a week
- Hopefully between the last two-lose that extra 15 pounds I've been carrying around
Recently on Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf:Reviews:
Audio Book Review: Witch World by Christopher Pike
2012 Wrap Up Posts:
2012: A Year in Books!
2012 Reading Challenges Wrap Up!
Cat Thursday - Piper Enjoys Christmas!
Cover Reveal: Retribution by Amy Thompson
I'm Chatting with Liz over on Fictional Candy!
January 2013 Witches & Witchcraft Review Link Up
Let's Wrap Up: 2012 Witches & Witchcraft Reading Challenge
Release Day Giveaway: Falling for You by Lisa Schroeder
Book Blast & Giveaway: Purrs of Wisdom: Conscious Living, Feline Style by Ingrid Kind
What I Read Last Week:
- The Water Witch - Juliet Dark
- A Million Suns - Beth Revis
What I Am Reading Today:
- Tempest - Julie Cross (audiobook)
- Happiness at Home - Gretchen Rubin
Added to the Bookshelf This Week:
Clicking on book titles will take you to Goodreads.
Destiny Rewritten - Kathryn Fitzmaurice
The Fault in Our Stars - John Green
My Berlin Kitchen - Luisa Weiss
(Hardcover of The Fault in Our Stars won from Amanda @ Letters Inside Out and Preet for participating in the GWR Online Book Club. Thank you!!!)