Broken Wings and Shannon Dittemore: Ten Facts
2. The pianist at the little church in town is named after Shannon’s youngest sister, Stephanie, who is a musician in her own right.
3. In the early chapters of Broken Wings we meet the Prince of Darkness. Shannon has played Satan in more than one church production. The first costume included a pair of fuzzy red mittens and red makeup that stained her face for days.
4. Jake has hazel eyes—green with a russet flame bleeding from the center—just like Shannon’s husband, Matt.
5. Early versions of Broken Wings had scenes that took place in South America. While those have all been cut, Kaylee’s obsession with Peru is a nod to those early drafts.
6. The old men who’ve taken up court outside the Donut Factory were inspired by a collection of eclectic gentlemen who hung out at a local doughnut shop in Shannon’s hometown.
7. Like Brielle, Shannon’s favorite musical is Les Miserables.
8. The first draft of Broken Wings was written during National Novel Writing Month. Not a single word of that draft was kept.
9. There are a handful of Peter Pan references throughout the series. Shannon nurses a mild obsession with the tale.
10. And finally, Jake visits the Evil Deeds tattoo parlor. Shannon has one tattoo. She’s a wuss and will not be getting any more.
Angel Eyes (Angel Eyes Trilogy #1)
Release Date: May 29, 2012
Find It: Goodreads / Amazon / Barnes & Noble
Once you’ve seen, you can’t unsee. Everything changes when you’ve looked at the world through . . .
Brielle’s a ballerina who went to the city to chase her dreams and found tragedy instead. She’s come home to shabby little Stratus, Oregon, to live with her grief and her guilt . . . and the incredible, numbing cold she can’t seem to shake.
Jake’s the new guy at school. The boy next door with burning hands and an unbelievable gift that targets him for corruption.
Something more than fate has brought them together. An evil bigger than both of them lurks in the shadows nearby, hiding in plain sight. Two angels stand guard, unsure what’s going to happen. And a beauty brighter than Jake or Brielle has ever seen is calling them to join the battle in a realm where all human choices start.
A realm that only angels and demons—and Brielle—can perceive.
Broken Wings (Angel Eyes Trilogy #2)
Release Date: February 19, 2013
Giant angels with metal wings and visible song. A blind demon restored from the pit of darkness. And a girl who has never felt more broken.
Brielle sees the world as it really is: a place where the Celestial exists side by side with human reality. But in the aftermath of a supernatural showdown, her life begins to crumble. Her boyfriend, Jake, is keeping something from her—something important. Her overprotective father has started drinking again. He’s dating a much younger woman who makes Brielle’s skin crawl, and he’s downright hostile toward Jake. Haunting nightmares keep Brielle from sleeping, and flashes of Celestial vision keep her off kilter.
What she doesn’t know is that she’s been targeted. The Prince of Darkness himself has heard of the boy with healing in his hands and of the girl who sees through the Terrestrial Veil. When he plucks the blind demon, Damien, from the fiery chasm and sends him back to Earth with new eyes, the stage is set for a cataclysmic battle of good versus evil.
Then Brielle unearths the truth about her mother’s death and she must question everything she ever thought was true.
Brielle has no choice. She knows evil forces are converging and will soon rain their terror down upon the town of Stratus. She must master the weapons she’s been given. She must fight.
But can she fly with broken wings?
Shannon Dittemore has an overactive imagination and a passion for truth. Her lifelong journey to combine the two is responsible for a stint at Portland Bible College, performances with local theater companies, and a focus on youth and young adult ministry. The daughter of one preacher and the wife of another, she spends her days imagining things unseen and chasing her two children around their home in Northern California. Angel Eyes is her first novel.
(1) Print copies of Angel Eyes and Broken Wings (US Only)
(5) Print copies of Broken Wings (US only)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Welcome to my stop on the Broken Wings blog tour hosted by YA Bound. Click HERE to see the full blog tour schedule!